Therapy, Treatment, and the Right Rehab Center
Drug and alcohol addictions impact an individual’s entire well-being, not just their physical bodies. The social shame. Self-esteem. Livelihood. Relationships. Friendships. The list goes on. In order for those battling with substance addictions to live a healthy and productive life, inevitably treatment is required. And in many instances, medical detox may be needed before treatment can even begin.
At River Oaks Treatment Center, an American Addiction Centers’ facility, we offer both detoxification under medical supervision, as well as different treatment options. Our levels of care include intensive outpatient program (IOP), residential treatment, inpatient treatment, and partial hospitalization program (PHP).
As important as our levels of care are in this Florida-based facility, what stands out are our exceptional therapies within the treatment programs themselves.
We offer holistic and recreational therapies. And although not everyone may be able to participate in them due to their specific situation, those that are have an additional tool to compliment the more traditional therapies.
- Expressive arts and music therapy. This allows individuals to express themselves through art and music. Sometimes ways to communicate other than through talk therapy is helpful.
- Recovery-oriented challenge therapy (ROCT). During this type of therapy, the therapist is able to interact with and observe the individual as they participate in an activity. For example, in a skill-building exercise.
- Motivational interviewing (MI). Just as its name suggests, this type of therapy creates motivation for individuals to do something different and it helps them to learn the value of change in terms of growth.
- Family therapy. Family members, or other loved ones, of the individual get the opportunity to work through their feelings with the individual.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). This type of therapy teaches individuals strategies to control their behaviors and thoughts that have caused them problems in the past. It serves as a preventative tool to help individuals not relapse.
We provide both group and individual therapy. Group therapy encourages individuals to discuss their experiences and emotions with others who have shared the same. Individual therapy addresses a variety of matters, such as co-occurring disorders (if any), developing a treatment plan, and establishing recovery goals. Therapy is done weekly with the individual’s primary therapist.
River Oaks also offers skills-building, medication-assisted therapy (MAT), and wellness groups.
Skills-building encourages individuals to establish better habits, many of which are connected to mental and emotional behaviors.
MAT is not appropriate for everyone, but for those under the guidance of a physician who may need medication to stabilize their symptoms, decrease the cravings, and allow for a smoother experience through their therapeutic work, may find this option helpful.
And wellness groups concentrate on creating habits that prevent relapse, as well as the overall wellness of the individual.
Battling a substance use disorder or an alcohol use disorder is challenging. River Oaks Treatment Center provides the levels of care and types of therapies to help individuals to fight this battle. Individuals who come to River Oaks understand that they get to be part of a team of people that help, support, and care for them so that they may live a life of long-term sobriety.