Types of Drug Addiction Therapies Offered at River Oaks
Therapy is one of the most versatile and necessary treatment options for drug and alcohol addiction. For this reason, River Oaks offers a number of therapies at our drug and alcohol addiction treatment facility near Tampa, in both individual and group settings; ranging from traditional to holistic.
What Types of Addiction Therapies are Used in Rehab?
At our inpatient rehab near Tampa, we offer therapy in individual and group formats. Individual therapy takes place weekly, with the client’s primary therapist, and focuses on developing a treatment plan, creating recovery goals, and addressing co-occurring disorders. In group therapy, patients are encouraged to discuss their feelings and experiences with other individuals going through similar things.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT): This approach is commonly used in therapy for drug and alcohol addiction. CBT helps people learn to identify harmful thinking and behavior patterns to address underlying issues that contribute to their addiction. By reframing and changing these thoughts and beliefs, CBT can help patients avoid relapsing.
- Motivational interviewing (MI): This collaborative therapeutic approach between treatment provider and patient helps individuals in substance abuse treatment uncover motivations to change, and address any resistance or ambivalence they may be experiencing. Through the motivational interviewing process, the interviewer works with the patient to strengthen commitment and motivation to work toward a particular goal.
- Family therapy: Addiction takes a heavy toll on every member of the family. With family therapy as part of addiction treatment at our drug and alcohol rehab in Tampa Bay, individuals can begin to repair and restore relationships with their family members. Learn more about how to help a family member with addiction.
Recreational and Holistic Therapies Used in Addiction Treatment
River Oaks offers adjunct recreational and holistic therapies to provide whole-person addiction treatment. When you come to our drug and alcohol rehab in Tampa you may be able to participate in some or all of the following:
Recovery-oriented challenge therapy (ROCT): ROCT allows a therapist to observe and directly engage with clients during an activity, such as outdoor games and skill-building exercises.
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT): Though not appropriate for everyone, for individuals who do need it, MAT uses medication to minimize cravings, stabilize symptoms, and enable patients to focus on therapeutic work.
Other Drug Addiction Treatment Offerings
Wellness groups: At our Hillsborough County substance abuse treatment center we offer wellness group activities. These groups help our patients learn about healthy habits, such as mindfulness techniques and healthy eating tips, that can support addiction recovery efforts.
Skills-building: Skills-building also focuses on building better habits, most of which are associated with emotional and mental behaviors.
Expressive arts and music therapy: Sometimes it can be difficult to find the words to express feelings or experiences. Using art and music as part of treatment for addiction gives patients additional outlets of expression.
Recovery Groups: River Oaks offers on-site 12-step meetings for both Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA). Off-site 12-step meetings are also available 3 times a week for clients who are ready to make trips outside facility grounds.
Finding the Right Therapy for Your Addiction Treatment Program
The signs that it’s time to get help for addiction aren’t always obvious. However, if you or a loved one need help, finding the right therapy at a Tampa area addiction treatment center is an important first step. The addiction specialists at River Oaks Treatment Center know that there isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach to substance abuse treatment. That’s why we offer a wide range of therapeutic options to create a customized treatment plan tailored to your specific needs and goals.
When you come to River Oaks, our team performs a comprehensive assessment. We gather detailed information on your addiction history, co-occurring mental health disorders, and ongoing medical issues to ensure we provide the addiction therapy types that appropriately address your needs. Once we tailor your treatment plan to fit your clinical needs, we periodically evaluate its effectiveness to make sure we’re still on track with your treatment goals.
Addiction Treatment Therapy Near Riverview, FL
Deciding to get help for a substance abuse disorder is a brave first step on the road to recovery. You may have many questions about what level of rehab care is right for you, what to expect when you arrive at addiction treatment, or how to start the rehab admissions process. The admissions navigators at River Oaks are here to help you and answer any questions you might have, including:
- Using health insurance to pay for addiction treatment.
- Other ways to pay for addiction treatment.
- Finding the right addiction treatment therapy.
Recovery is possible and we’re here to help. Contact us today at to find out more about the treatment programs at River Oaks.