At River Oaks, we pride ourselves on being a pillar of the community as well as a willing participant in important events around the city, county, and country. Our upcoming events are a great way to learn more about how we’re getting involved with the community. They are also a great way to get in touch with us.
We have several events coming up in the next few months. Remember, you can always check back here to learn more about any upcoming functions of which we are a part.
American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Conference
April 4 through April 7, 2019
The Hilton Orlando
6001 Destination Parkway, Orlando, Fla.
The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)’s 50th annual conference will be held in Orlando, Fla., and representatives from River Oaks will be in attendance. The conference’s theme is Innovations in Addiction Medicine and Science. Over 2,300 participants are expected, as well as a showcase of some of the greatest scientific and research innovations in addiction medicine.
The conference begins at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 4, and ends at 12 p.m. on Sunday, April 7.
To register and to learn more about the conference, please visit www.eventscribe.com/2019/ASAM/main.asp.
Greater Riverview Chamber of Commerce Monthly Membership Meeting Luncheon
April 23, 2019
11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
6437 Watson Road, Riverview, Fla.
The Riverview Chamber of Commerce holds a monthly membership meeting luncheon, which is a fantastic networking opportunity for local business people and citizens. We are sponsoring April’s luncheon and will be in attendance. We will also speak at the meeting.
Networking occurs from 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., the meeting occurs from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., and the sneak preview is open to all individuals from 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. RSVPs requested.
- Members with RSVPs: $18.
- Members at the door: $20.
- Non-members: $30.
To learn more about community and alumni events with River Oaks Treatment Center, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shannan Harris is River Oaks’ New Director of Community Affairs
- River Oaks Now Offering Another New Treatment Track for LGBT+ Community
- First Responder Addiction Treatment Track Now Offered at River Oaks
- River Oaks Medical Director, Dr. Michael Murphy, pens op-ed on the need for specialized groups for the LGBTQ+ community in substance use treatment
- Alcohol.org Releases Sober Survival Guide for Fourth of July Holiday
- The Alcohol Crisis in America Has Been Overshadowed by Opioids, But Can No Longer Be Ignored — Forbes.com
- Quitting Heroin in the Sunshine State — The New York Times
- River Oaks Treatment Center of American Addiction Centers Interview— WTSP
Give Your Input!
If you of know of any events in which you think we should be involved, please call Jeffrey Turiczek at 813-605-3974 or email him at email@example.com.