Substance Abuse Treatment and Statistics in East Tampa
Increased substance use among East Tampa residents and the resulting outcomes spotlight the need for intervention and drug rehab centers in Tampa and throughout Hillsborough County.
This Florida rehab guide serves to help those struggling with drug and alcohol addiction find the information and resources needed to begin the road to recovery.
Addiction Treatment Services in East Tampa
When a patient starts treatment, River Oaks clinicians consider a variety of factors to create an individual’s plan, including the:
- Type of substance(s) used.
- Duration of addiction.
- Co-occurring issues (depression, anxiety, etc.).
- Motivation for undergoing treatment.
- And more.
Rehab will look different for someone who is being treated for alcohol addiction than for someone who is misusing prescription drugs. It is common to move between levels of addiction treatment to ensure the level of care matches the patient’s needs at every stage of treatment.
Types of addiction treatment include:
- Medical detox, or withdrawal management. For many patients, this is the first level of treatment. Medical supervision and detox services allow patients to withdraw from substances in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Inpatient rehabilitation. During inpatient rehab, patients reside at the drug rehab facility while attending various types of substance use treatment, including behavioral therapies.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP). Although similar to inpatient rehab in terms of the level of structure and time spent in treatment, PHPs allow patients to live at home while attending treatment during the day.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP). Patients in IOPs also reside at home and attend treatment at least 9 hours a week.
- Outpatient addiction treatment. For patients who may be further along in their recovery and need less time in treatment, standard outpatient care usually involves 9 hours or fewer each week.
- Telehealth treatment. Offering a greater level of flexibility, telehealth treatment allows patients to receive addiction treatment in the comfort of their own home.
- Aftercare (e.g., sober living, therapy, mutual support groups, alumni programs etc.). It is important to realize that recovery is a lifelong pursuit. A good treatment facility will set up patients with an aftercare plan to ensure they have continued support in their sobriety. This may look like a sober living house or multiple group meetings each week. There are even some virtual addiction support meetings available online.
Recovery efforts don’t end when a person finishes treatment; preventing relapse takes daily focus and commitment. Treatment centers like River Oaks know how to set patients up for success. In fact, the staff at River Oaks are so committed to patient recovery that they offer a 90-day brand promise, ensuring a free 30 days of treatment for anyone who has completed 90 consecutive days of treatment and suffers a relapse.
Choosing Rehab in East Tampa
When choosing a drug rehab near Tampa, FL, there are many factors you should consider beyond the levels of care available, such as:
- Whether the facility treats patients with your type of addiction (e.g., alcohol, methamphetamines, heroin, etc.).
- Whether specific treatment plans are offered to address the individual needs of every patient. Certain Tampa, FL, drug rehabs have specialized treatment programs like the Veterans treatment track, impaired professionals addiction program, or the LGBTQ+ tailored program at River Oaks.
- What amenities the facility offers. From gyms and mindfulness spaces to walking trails and outdoor recreational facilities, amenities can help make your experience more comfortable.
- What accreditations the facility holds.
- Whether the facility is in-network with your insurance provider/plan.
- If the facility provides on-site medical care.
- The location of the facility. Some patients may want to stay close to home while others may prefer to be away from their usual home environment.
Paying for Addiction Treatment in East Tampa
There are several ways to pay for East Tampa, FL, drug rehab. Many people use health insurance coverage for addiction treatment, which can help ease any financial burden.
River Oaks is in-network with most major insurance providers. Admissions navigators can help you verify your insurance coverage for rehab before starting treatment. If you do not have insurance, the facility will help you explore other options to pay for addiction treatment. These could include loans or financing options.
To begin the process yourself, you can quickly verify your insurance coverage for addiction treatment online with our
Getting Admitted to Rehab and Starting Treatment
Once you’ve chosen a rehab near East Tampa , you can begin the treatment admissions process. First, clinicians will perform an intake assessment to determine the best course of treatment. It can be reassuring for patients and their loved ones to know what to expect in drug & alcohol rehab.
Are You Struggling With Addiction?
East Tampa Drug and Alcohol Addiction Statistics
In Hillsborough County—where East Tampa, Florida is located—there were 534 fatal drug overdoses in 2021.4 Of these, 452 were suspected opioid overdose deaths.3
Unfortunately, between 2019 and 2020, the rate of both drug overdose deaths and opioid overdose deaths increased in Hillsborough County:3
- Drug overdose deaths went from 18.5 to 34.9 per 100,000 people.
- Opioid overdose deaths went from 14.7 to 29.1 per 100,000 people.
Excessive drinking in the state presents additional challenges. In 2019, an estimated 17.1% of adults in Hillsborough County engaged in heavy or binge drinking. In 2021, there were 416 motor vehicle crashes involving alcohol.3
Quality drug and alcohol addiction treatment can help reduce these numbers and improve the lives of East Tampa and Hillsborough County residents.
- Florida Treatment Guide
- Florida Detox Guide
- Narcan for Opioid Overdose in FL
- AA Near Riverview, FL
- Florida's Club Culture
- Insurance Covers Addiction Treatment in Florida