10 Benefits of Going to River Oaks Treatment Center
Different thoughts come to mind when people think of addiction, drugs, alcohol, and even treatment itself. Going to treatment is nothing to be ashamed of, but instead should be celebrated. An individual recognized that they had an issue with drugs or alcohol, and then made a conscience choice to ask for help and to take action by entering into a treatment program.
River Oaks Treatment Center, an American Addiction Centers’ treatment facility, is a great place to heal and transition into recovery. Regardless of which of the thousands of facilities across the United States you choose, you want one that is a good fit for all of your particular needs. And River Oaks definitely delivers!
Not only is it an accredited facility with licensed physicians and a certified staff, but it’s located in Riverview, Florida! Those traveling from out of town get the opportunity to come to a perfect vacation-destination state.
5 Benefits to River Oaks:
- The facility offers specialized treatment programs: LGBTQ+ support, veterans services, and first responders.
- Telehealth addiction treatment. This allows those who are not able to show up in person an alternative to getting the help that they need.
- Co-occurring disorder treatment (e.g., anxiety, depression).
- Family therapy. This allows both you and your family to heal from the experience through this process.
- Virtual support meetings for post-treatment. You get to be connected and supported regardless of where you are.
It’s not just all the wonderful benefits that come along with the facility, but there are many perks to going to treatment in Florida itself!
5 Benefits to Going to Treatment in the City of Riverview:
- Enjoying any of the three beaches near Riverview, which include Bahia Beach, Gardenville Beach, and Apollo Beach.
- And if you would prefer the dry outdoors, the Balm-Boyette Scrub Nature Preserve offers 800 acres of scrub habitat. This includes 25 miles of trails for riders to go mountain biking. There’s also bird watching and fishing available.
- Explore the museum of Science & Industry, which is home to over 400,000 sq. ft of exhibits and the sensory-stimulating experience known as IMAX ®.
- And visit a museum that is not like any other you’ve ever experienced before—the International Independent Showmen’s Museum. Come see photographs from more than a century of traveling shows in the United States, the artifacts, and eclectic memorabilia from the circus and carnivals of the past.
- Experience indoor skydiving where you will receive one-on-one flight instruction, pre-flight training, and even get access to flight gear rentals! For COVID safety, masks are required, and the venue and vehicles are disinfected.
As with anything that you do while undergoing treatment, be sure to clear and check in with your physician or healthcare professional before endeavoring to enjoy activities outside of the facility.
What is vital is that you successfully complete your treatment program, heal, focus on your recovery, and eventually look forward to living a life of long-term sobriety.
You’re not alone. River Oaks Treatment Center is here to help you along your journey.