Addiction Treatment and Rehab Options in Brandon, Florida
Brandon, FL, which is part of the Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Metropolitan Statistical Area and located in Hillsborough County, is located about 25 minutes east of Tampa. Approximately 115,000 Floridians call Brandon “home” and enjoy it for its suburban feel.
However, Brandon is no stranger to the ever-growing substance misuse and addiction problem the rest of the United States is currently facing. For residents of Brandon and the rest of Hillsborough County, there is help available. Should you or a loved one struggle with drug or alcohol addiction, the following resources will guide you through finding addiction treatment services including drug addiction rehab and alcohol counseling near Brandon, FL.
Addiction Treatment Near Brandon, FL
Types of Addiction Treatment Services
There are several various levels of addiction treatment available, including:
- Medical detox. Withdrawal symptoms can be uncomfortable, and for some substances such as alcohol, may be life-threatening. In medical detox, clinicians monitor the patient 24/7 to ensure a safe and comfortable transition to sobriety.
- Inpatient treatment. This is recommended for those who have severe substance use disorders or struggle to maintain sobriety in their home environment. Inpatient treatment provides structure, a predictable daily schedule and requires that the patient lives in a substance-free treatment facility for a predetermined length of time.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP). PHP requires that the patient attend therapy and treatment for several hours each day, five days per week. However, it does not require the patient to live at the facility.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP). With fewer treatment hours per week than PHPs, IOPs are less intensive but still provide an effective treatment path for those struggling with addiction.
- Standard outpatient treatment. Outpatient therapy, which may occur as infrequently as one time per week, is effective for those who have completed inpatient rehabilitation or for someone with less severe substance use disorder.
- Telehealth. Telehealth services allow addiction treatment professionals to adequately provide care for patients without having to conduct in-office visits. The number of sessions and the frequency of them can be decided on between the provider and the patient.
- Aftercare. Aftercare services are designed to help patients transition back into their lives after treatment. This can include a whole gamut of options, including but not limited to, sober living, going to 12-Step meetings, or engaging in alumni events at one’s former treatment center.
Choosing Rehab Near Brandon, FL
Upon making the decision to obtain addiction treatment services, it is critical to find a rehab in Brandon, FL or nearby that suits your needs. As you begin your search, it’s important to keep the following criteria in mind:
- Program accreditation. An alcohol and drug addiction treatment facility should be accredited, which means they have fulfilled all requirements and undergone an evaluation to ensure they meet the standards of care of the state and of the accrediting bodies.
- Staff credentials. These ensure that the staff is qualified to administer treatment and has met rigorous standards for licensure and certification.
- Payment options. These can include utilizing your health insurance coverage, working with facilities on flexible payment plans, getting a loan, or seeking out options such as scholarships or sliding scales.
- Individualized treatment plans. One size does not fit all when it comes to addiction treatment. A quality facility will consider many factors about the patient (drug of choice, severity of addiction, prior treatment attempts, co-occurring disorders, etc.) and design a treatment plan specifically for them.
- Planning for aftercare. Aftercare is beneficial to long-term sobriety. The facility you choose should include aftercare planning as a part of the overall treatment plan.
- Specialized programming. Many facilities that offer alcohol and drug addiction treatment provide specialized treatment tracks. For example, at our inpatient rehab facility near Tampa, we offer an LGBTQ+ treatment program, professionals treatment track, and a Veterans/first responders specialized treatment program.
- Amenities. Amenities, such as a gym, pool, outdoor recreational area, etc. can be highly beneficial while in recovery, as they can offer comfort and serve as an outlet for patients.
- Location. The location of a rehab facility is important if the patient must travel there, reside there, or plans to have family involved in the treatment process. Some Brandon, FL residents prefer to stay very close to home while others may need at least some distance from their home environment to focus on their recovery.
How to Get to River Oaks
Driving directions from Brandon, FL to River Oaks Treatment Center: Take E Bloomingdale Ave and in 1 mile, take a right onto Bell Shoals Rd. in 2.8 miles, turn right onto Boyette Rd. Turn right in 1.6 miles, then turn right again in 900 feet. River Oaks Treatment Center at 12012 Boyette Rd will be on your left. This route takes approximately 20 minutes.
Public transportation from Brandon, FL to River Oaks Treatment Center: At the Brandon Blvd & Parsons Ave bus stop, board the HART 46 bus westbound to Brandon mall. In 11 stops, exit the bus at Westfield Brandon Mall and transfer to the HART 31 bus southbound to South County. In 16 stops, exit the bus at Gibsonton Dr & US Hwy 301. Walk to Boyette Rd & US Hwy 301 bus stop and board the HART 24 Limited Express bus eastbound to Riverview/FishHawk. In 2 stops, exit the bus at Boyette Rd & McMullen Rd and walk about 0.7 miles to River Oaks Treatment Center at 12012 Boyette Rd. This route takes approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Paying For Addiction Treatment Near Brandon
Once the patient has chosen a rehab facility, it’s important to verify that they can use insurance that covers rehab and associated addiction treatment services. If their insurance is out of network, many facilities will help the patient find ways to pay for rehab, including loans or financing options such as a payment plan.
If you’d like to know if your insurance is accepted at River Oaks Treatment Center, you can use our
Getting Started at Rehab in Brandon
Getting started at rehab in Brandon, FL does not have to be complicated or overwhelming. If you or someone you love is struggling with the misuse of drugs or alcohol and need addiction help, reach out to us at River Oaks right now. One our rehab admissions navigators can help answer any questions you have, as well as quell any fears you may be experiencing. We understand that taking this big step comes with a great deal of big emotions, and we are here to help you through them for every step of your recovery journey.
Are You Struggling With Addiction?
Drug & Alcohol Stats in Brandon, FL
Additional statistics that better highlight the impact of drugs and alcohol on Hillsborough County and the state of Florida include the following:
- Alcohol was confirmed in approximately 27.5 percent of motor vehicle traffic crashes in Hillsborough County in 20214
- A total of 7.5% of people living in Hillsborough County died from alcoholic liver disease in 20215
- In 2020, a whopping 68,564 drug arrests were made throughout Florida6
- More than 11 million opioid prescription medications were dispensed to Floridians in 20226
- Naloxone was administered 51,752 times to Floridians in need in 20226
- The state of Florida saw more than 105,000 EMS responses to overdoses in 20226
- More than 1,100 babies were born with neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS) in Florida in 20206
- Florida Treatment Guide
- Florida Detox Guide
- Narcan for Opioid Overdose in FL
- AA Near Riverview, FL
- Florida's Club Culture
- Insurance Covers Addiction Treatment in Florida
American Addiction Centers (AAC) is committed to delivering original, truthful, accurate, unbiased, and medically current information. We strive to create content that is clear, concise, and easy to understand.
While we are unable to respond to your feedback directly, we'll use this information to improve our online help.