Drug and Alcohol Rehab Guide for Sarasota, Florida
A 2019 report shows that 13% of Sarasota County residents over the age of 65 engage in binge drinking, compared with 9% of residents of similar age across the state.1 The same report indicates that there is only one mental health provider for every 600 residents of Sarasota County.1 Substance use disorders and lack of public health resources presents a challenge for individuals, families and the community at large.
Fortunately, there is help available for Sarasota residents who may be struggling with substance abuse and addiction.
Choosing an Addiction Treatment Center Near Sarasota
There are a variety of treatment facilities near Sarasota providing a wide range of treatment types. As such, it’s important to find a rehab facility that will prove most effective for a patient’s needs.
When choosing an addiction treatment center in or near Sarasota, it’s important to consider the continuum of care available along with other factors that may impact a person’s ability to successfully recover from addiction, such as the qualifications of the staff, whether they treat co-occurring disorders, and whether they offer maintenance medications such as methadone or buprenorphine.
How To Choose the Right Rehab Facility
There are many factors to consider when choosing a rehab facility. Some of these include:
- Health insurance. Using health insurance top pay for addiction treatment is often the best way to reduce your treatment costs. If you have insurance, check that the facility you attend is in your plan’s network. If you’re uninsured, you can ask facilities about alternate ways to cover the costs of rehab.
- Facility amenities. Consider the features and amenities that are important to you or your loved one. Many facilities offer amenities and activities to bolster the recovery experience, including fitness classes, nutritious prepared meals, massage and more.
- Location. It’s possible that the facility that will work best for the patient is located outside of their region. Removing someone from a familiar environment and associations with people or places that are enmeshed with substance abuse might prove very beneficial to someone in active addiction For those whose families plan on staying closely involved, a more nearby location that loved ones can travel to easily may be a better option.
River Oaks Treatment Center is located in the Tampa Bay area, a one-hour drive from Sarasota. The rehab facility offers top-notch care provided by a highly qualified and caring staff in a relaxing environment.
What Types of Drug and Alcohol Rehab Are Available in Florida?
Sarasota rehabs will offer varying levels of addiction treatment. The type of treatment that is appropriate for you may differ from what works for someone else. The clinicians at the rehab can help determine your needs and develop the right treatment plan for you.
At River Oaks Treatment Center, we offer the following types of treatment:
- Medical Detox. Many substances have uncomfortable withdrawal syndromes, and some have life-threatening ones. For those who need medical assistance during the acute withdrawal period, River Oaks offers a 24/7 medically supervised detoxification in a comfortable inpatient environment.
- Residential Treatment. With a highly structured environment and an intensive focus on recovery, inpatient/residential treatment serves as the highest level of care and is often preferred by those with severe addictions and/or co-occurring disorders.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP). With 6 hours of therapy and treatment per day, 5 days a week, a PHP serves as a close match to inpatient treatment with the added flexibility of living at home.
- Intensive Outpatient Rehab. As compared to a PHP, an IOP is a less intensive option; however, patients still receive many treatment hours per week (at least 9). An IOP often serves as part of an aftercare program for those who’ve completed another level of treatment.
Are You Struggling With Addiction?
Getting Admitted to Drug and Alcohol Rehab
Next, you can discuss your treatment options with facility staff who can also work with your insurance company to make sure services are authorized. Once this happens, you can travel to the facility and begin the admissions process. For questions about any of these steps, please call an admissions navigator at River Oaks at .
- Florida Department of Health in Sarasota County, (2019). Sarasota County Community Health Assessment Older Adult Overview