Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment Resources in Tallahassee, FL
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), fatal drug overdoses rose 37% between 2019 and 2020 in Florida.1 The need for drug and alcohol rehab is critical. Fortunately, there is help available.
Addiction Treatment Facilities in and Around Tallahassee
There are approximately 21 addiction rehab centers in Tallahassee, Florida.2 But when it comes to drug and alcohol treatment centers, there’s no such thing as one-size-fits-all. The addiction experience varies from person to person, so it’s critical to choose a facility with offerings that suit the patient’s needs.
When reviewing addiction recovery centers in or near Tallahassee, one should examine the levels of care provided to determine if the facility offers treatment that will benefit the patient.
What Types of Drug and Alcohol Rehab Are Available in Florida?
River Oaks Treatment Center is located in Tampa, Florida, just four hours south of Tallahassee. We offer a wide range of services, tailoring a treatment program to every individual patient’s needs. Our facility is safe and comfortable with services provided by a compassionate and caring staff.
River Oaks offers the following treatment types:
- Medical Detox. Withdrawal can be uncomfortable and, in certain circumstances, life-threatening. Professional staff medically monitor a patient undergoing medical detox to ensure a safe and comfortable transition to sobriety.
- Inpatient Treatment. This type of treatment is recommended for a patient suffering from acute or chronic addiction. The patient resides full time at the facility while the staff provides 24-hour observation and treatment.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP). PHP focuses on therapy and skill building. The patient attends treatment approximately 6 hours a day, 5 days a week.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) IOPs offer intensive treatment at a level just below PHPs, with therapy 3 hours per day, 3x per week.
How To Choose the Right Rehab Facility
There are multiple factors to consider when choosing a rehabilitation center, including:
- Payment options. If you plan to use your health insurance to pay for treatment, you’ll want to verify the facility is in-network with your provider. If you don’t have private insurance, check to see if the facility accepts state-funded insurance (Medicaid/Medicare) or offers financing options.
- Amenities and activities. Treatment should be a comfortable experience, so a facility’s amenities and activities are important to consider. Depending on what’s important to you, you can ask about recreational areas, private and community spaces, activities such as gardening, fishing, tennis, holistic therapies, and more. Location. It can be beneficial for a patient to attend treatment away from their current location to separate themselves from people and places that play a part in their substance abuse. Location is also an important factor if the patient must travel there, reside there, or plans to have family involved in the treatment process.
Additional factors to consider:
- Program accreditation. A facility should be accredited and licensed by the state, which means they have fulfilled all of the state’s licensing requirements and undergone an evaluation by accrediting bodies to ensure they meet the set standards of care.
- Staff credentials. These ensure that the staff is qualified to administer treatment and has met rigorous standards for licensure and certification.
- Individualized treatment plans. A quality facility will consider many factors about the patient (drug of choice, length of addiction, co-occurring disorders, etc.) and design a treatment plan specifically for them.
- On-site medical care. This is important for addressing any medical concerns or issues a patient may face while in treatment.
- Aftercare planning. Aftercare is beneficial to long-term sobriety. Quality facilities will include aftercare planning as a part of the overall treatment plan.
Getting Admitted to Drug and Alcohol Rehab
It’s important to know what to expect when being admitted to drug and alcohol rehab. After you have selected a facility, you’ll want to check to make sure you have insurance coverage for rehab. If you don’t have insurance or you are underinsured, most facilities will help you find alternate ways to pay for rehab such as flexible payment plans
You can instantly verify insurance cover for rehab by using our now.
Addiction and Drug Abuse in the Tallahassee Area
In 2019, Leon County residents experienced serious outcomes from substance abuse and addiction. Some 22.1% of adults in Leon County reported that they were drinking to excess or binge drinking within a 30-day period.3 There were also 34 drug overdose deaths in Leon County, 15 of those due to opioids.4 Additionally, there were 1,468 arrests for illegal drugs and 89 alcohol-related motor vehicle crashes.5
Drug and alcohol treatment is essential to decreasing these numbers and minimizing the impact on residents across the community and the state.
Additional Addiction Resources Near Tallahassee
If you or someone you love is struggling with overcoming addiction, there is help available. Addiction treatment is the first step toward a healthier, happier life.
For Floridians in need of emergency resources, we offer the following information:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, (2020). Provisional Drug Overdose Death Counts
- FindTreatment.gov, (2021). Tallahassee, Florida Results
- Florida Department of Health, (2019). Substance Use Dashboard
It’s Never Too Late to Get Help
Take Action Now