Alcohol and Drug Addiction Programs Near St. Petersburg
Like many communities, alcohol and drugs—both illicit and prescribed—are a significant problem for St. Petersburg. From 2019 to 2020, drug overdose deaths in Pinellas County increased 26%.1
Finding a drug and alcohol treatment center in or near St. Petersburg is key to helping a person address addiction and work toward sobriety.
St. Petersburg Rehab & Aftercare
Types of Treatment Near St. Petersburg
Addiction treatment facilities near St. Petersburg may offer some or all the following levels of treatment:
- Medical detox
- Inpatient treatment
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP)
- Standard outpatient addiction treatment
- Sober living homes
How to Choose a Rehab
When choosing an addiction recovery center near St. Petersburg, FL, it’s important to consider multiple factors, including the following:
- Facility amenities and activities. The amenities and activities offered can help make treatment a more comfortable experience. Consider what’s important to you, and ask about recreational areas, private and community spaces, activities such as gardening, holistic therapies, and more.
- Individualized treatment plans. Customized treatment plans and specialized programs can better serve your individual needs.
- Rehab payment options. If you plan on using insurance to pay for rehab, you’ll want to verify the facility is in-network with your provider. If you don’t have private insurance, check to see if the facility accepts state-funded insurance (Medicaid/Medicare) or offers financing options.
- Location. For some patients, attending treatment farther away from home can help them to separate themselves from people and places that play a part in their substance use. However, if you will be traveling to the facility regularly, or plan to have family involved in the treatment process, a nearby location may be preferred.
At River Oaks Treatment Center in Riverview, Florida, we tailor our addiction treatment programs to every individual patient’s needs. Our facility is safe and comfortable with services provided by a compassionate and caring staff.
Specialized addiction treatment programs offered at River Oaks include the:
- Veterans and First Responders Rehab Program.
- LGBTQ+ Addiction Treatment Program.
- Impaired Professionals Rehab Program.
To learn more about our alcohol and drug rehab near Tampa, call . Admissions navigators are available 24/7 to answer your questions and walk you through the treatment admissions process.
How to Get to River Oaks
River Oaks is less than a one-hour drive from St. Petersburg, Florida. Our addiction treatment center is located in Riverview, just southeast of Tampa, FL.
To get to River Oaks from St. Petersburg:
- Take I-175 W
- Follow I-275 S and I-75 N to Gibsonton Dr. in Hillsborough County
- Take exit 250 from I-75 N
- Follow Gibsonton Dr. and Boyette Rd. to:
River Oaks Treatment Center
12012 Boyette Rd.
Riverview, FL 33569
Are You Struggling With Substance Use?
Support Groups Near St. Petersburg
Staying on the path toward recovery from substance use disorders requires ongoing effort and support. In addition to detox and rehab in St. Petersburg, FL, there are additional avenues you can use to help you continue to work toward sobriety, including aftercare and support groups.
Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) Meetings
Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) is a group of men and women who support one another through sharing their experiences, commitment, and hope to work toward the solution for their shared problem. There is no requirement for membership except the desire to stop drinking, and AA has no religious or political affiliation. AA functions largely based on its Twelve Steps.5
AA meetings near St. Petersburg include the following:
- Pinellas County Intergroup Inc. (727)530-0415, aapinellas.org
Narcotics Anonymous (NA) Meetings
Narcotics Anonymous (NA) is a community-based organization with members from across the globe. It is a group of men and women who have a problem with drugs and are recovering addicts who are working to stay clean and help others work toward sobriety as well. The only requirement for membership is the desire to no longer use.6
- Freedom House: 440 Roser Park Drive South, Saint Petersburg, FL 33701-5212
- Palm Lake Christian Church: 5401 22nd Avenue North, Saint Petersburg, FL 33710-5124
- Terra Nova Club House: 7550 40th Street North, Pinellas Park, FL 33781-3605
- Bay Pines VA Healthcare: 10000 Bay Pines Boulevard, Building 102, Bay Pines, FL 33744-8202
- Saint Pete Vineyard Church: 5000 10th Street North, Saint Petersburg, FL 33703-2704
- Gulfport Beach Pavilion: 5730 Shore Boulevard South, Gulfport, FL 33707
SMART Recovery Meetings
Self-Management AND Recovery Training (SMART) is a community made up of mutual-support groups with a science-based approach to overcoming addiction. The program focuses on self-empowerment and self-reliance and involves both face-to-face and online meetings. SMART Recovery provides practical tools and social supports to help members work toward long-term recovery.
Al-Anon and Nar-Anon Meetings
Al-Anon and Nar-Anon are support groups for people whose lives have been impacted by a loved one’s addiction. These programs allow for the sharing of common experiences and provide principles/steps that will help the families and friends of someone with addiction make positive changes in their own lives, even if the person with addiction does not admit they have a problem.7,8
- First United Methodist Church: 212 3rd St. N, St. Petersburg, FL, 33701
- St. Anthony’s Hospital: 1200 7th Avenue N, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33705
- First Presbyterian Church: 701 Beach Dr NE, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33701
- Christ Lutheran Church: 3451 30th Ave N, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33713
Florida’s Drug & Alcohol Related Statistics
In 2019 in Pinellas County:
- 24.2% of adults were categorized as heavy or binge drinkers during.12
- 56.2% of high school students used alcohol or other illicit drugs.13
- 31.4% of middle school students used alcohol or other illicit drugs.13
If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction and are ready to start discussing treatment options, contact us today. Please don’t lose hope; help is available.