Addiction Treatment and Resources Near Jacksonville, Florida
Jacksonville is located in the northeastern corner of Florida in Duval County and is the state’s largest city. Like so many areas across the U.S., Jacksonville has thousands of residents struggling with drug and alcohol addiction.
If you or a loved one has lost control of their substance use, this page provides information on addiction treatment options near Jacksonville, what to consider when choosing a Florida rehab, local substance abuse statistics, and more.
Addiction Treatment Available Near Jacksonville
Our levels of care and services include:
- Medical detox. This medically supervised inpatient environment is beneficial for patients in severe discomfort from withdrawal or who may have serious or dangerous symptoms as they detox.
- Inpatient or residential treatment. This live-in level of care takes place in a safe and medically supervised environment, where patients can fully focus on their recovery.
- Partial hospitalization. Sometimes called “day treatment,” partial hospitalization programs, or PHPs, are a a highly structured, intensive form of outpatient addiction rehab. Our PHP provides 30+ hours of treatment per week.
- Intensive outpatient. Less intensive than a PHP, an intensive outpatient program, or IOP, still allows for treatment at least 3 hours per day, 3 days per week.
- Telehealth. At River Oaks, we also offer a virtual community IOP program. Sessions are held online Monday–Friday from 9 a.m.–noon.
- Aftercare. Continued care and support can help prevent relapse and sustain long-term recovery. At River Oaks, we start aftercare planning with you on Day One.
How to Choose a Rehab Near Jacksonville, FL
Choosing a rehab in or near Jacksonville, Florida, can be challenging and overwhelming. Here are some factors to consider during the process:1
- Accreditation. Make sure the treatment facility is fully licensed and accredited.
- Treatments and therapies. Quality programs use a variety of evidence-based addiction treatments and therapies, meaning they are scientifically proven to be effective.
- Amenities. Certain facilities may offer different services and amenities that others don’t, such as private rooms, recreational activities, mindfulness spaces, and more.
- Medication. Depending on the type and severity of your addiction, you may also want to find a Tampa rehab that provides certain medications (as needed).
- Family. Family members play an important role in the recovery process. Look for a treatment center that involves patient families and provides support on helping a family member with addiction.
Specialized Addiction Programs Near Jacksonville
You may also want to look for a specialized addiction program geared toward your personal needs, such as tracks for specific genders, religions, professions, ethnicities, and more.
At River Oaks, we offer:
- Rehab programs for Veterans and first responders.
- Rehab programs for the LGBTQ+ community.
- Rehab programs for healthcare professionals.
How to Get to River Oaks
Location is another key factor when it comes to choosing a rehab. Depending on your preference, you may want an addiction treatment center that’s close to home or one that’s farther away.
Our inpatient rehab near Tampa is located in Riverview, Florida, about a 4-hour drive from Jacksonville.
You can also take a train from Jacksonville Amtrak Station seven stops to Tampa Union Station. From there, you can take a city bus or taxi to our facility.
Start Treatment and Get Admitted to Rehab Today
The first step on the road to addiction recovery begins with choosing the rehab facility that works best for you. But before you start treatment, it’s also a good idea to check whether the facility accepts your insurance.
Many health insurance policies offer insurance coverage for rehab. To check your coverage at River Oaks, fill out our quick and confidential
If you don’t have insurance or the coverage you have is insufficient, we can help you find alternate ways to pay for rehab, including financing and other flexible payment options.
At River Oaks, we believe inability to pay for treatment should never be a barrier to receiving the lifesaving help you deserve.
Addiction Self-Assessment Quiz
Drug & Alcohol Stats for Jacksonville, FL
Consider the following addiction statistics for Jacksonville and the state of Florida:
- In 2021, there were more than 107,000 fatal overdoses reported in the U.S. An estimated 8% (or 8,257) of those deaths occurred in Florida.2,3
- Drug intoxication is the leading cause of violent or “accidental” deaths in the state and in Duval County, which is home to Jacksonville.3
- Across Florida, the substances most frequently involved in deaths were fentanyl, alcohol, and benzodiazepines (e.g., Xanax, Klonopin, Valium).4
- From January 2021–June 2021, medical examiners found fentanyl in 312 overdose cases in Jacksonville. This number was the third highest in the state after St. Petersburg (#1) and Fort Lauderdale (#2).4
- Across Florida, deaths involving methamphetamine or “meth” increased by 40% in the first half of 2021.4
- In Jacksonville, there were 142 meth-involved deaths, the second-highest number in the state after St. Petersburg, which had 193 meth-involved deaths during that same period.4
- Jacksonville had the state’s third-highest number of fatal overdoses involving cocaine, with 194 deaths.4
- The state has also seen a sharp rise in the presence of fentanyl analogs and in fatal overdose cases.4
- Florida Treatment Guide
- Florida Detox Guide
- Narcan for Opioid Overdose in FL
- AA Near Riverview, FL
- Florida's Club Culture
- Insurance Covers Addiction Treatment in Florida